Greetings from Taiwan! Since our last update many exciting things have been happening here in Taipei. Listed below are a few highlights:
- Our Aroma Cafe Dongyuan has recently had the opportunity to host several community gatherings, including: Summer VBS courses, church small groups, photography classes, weekly youth group meetings, kid’s birthday parties. and English outreach events. We praise God for how He is using this cafe to bless our neighborhood!
- Max and Sam have been thriving at their nearby local preschool and are very comfortable in both English and Chinese.
- Kelley has had the chance to serve as a translator for sermons at church.
- Erich has begun meeting regularly with other local business owners, with the goal of each business reaching its potential to bless the community around the shops.
- A mom and son who first started coming to our cafe for the weekly Children’s Story Hour, who then attended a week of VBS at the cafe, are now regularly attending the Aroma Church.
- We have completed all the steps in our process to adopt a Taiwanese little girl. Lord willing, she will join our family in early 2019.
Prayer and Praise:
- Coffee Shop. Please pray for unity and good communication amongst our cafe staff. Our one employee struggles with emotional issues, and lately has been causing some disturbances among the team. Pray for us as we lead our team and for us all to work well together.
- Family. We are thrilled that tomorrow evening we will be welcoming Kelley’s parents to Taipei, who will stay with us during the next month. We look forward to making lots of memories, and are thankful for the chance to be together.
Our hearts echo the lyrics of this song,
“Lord, I need You, oh, I need You. Every hour I need You. My one defense, my righteousness. Oh God, how I need You.” It’s our prayer that in all we do, Christ may be glorified. Thank you for partnering together with us!
For the Glory of God,
Erich, Kelley, Max, and Sam
|With friends at the Aroma Gospel Cafe.|
|Erich at a local tea shop 🙂|
For more pictures and videos of our Aroma 2 Gospel Coffee Shop, please visit and like our Facebook page.