February 16, 2013
Dear Faithful Friends and Supporters,
Greetings from Taipei and Happy Chinese New Year! We have been on break the last week as everyone has been celebrating and enjoying the Chinese New Year festivities. This is the biggest holiday in Taiwan and, for the best part of a week, everything from restaurants to businesses are shut down to allow people time with family. Last Saturday was the Chinese New Year’s Eve, and for that we spent the evening with our former landlady and dear friend, Pearl, and her mother. Delicious food, good company, and lots of fun!
How can you being praying for us?
- God has given us a burden to engage in a non-traditional church plant, focusing on bringing the church into working class communities. We have made some significant steps forward during this past month, specifically in regards to forming a team. Please continue to pray for the right people to be joined together for this mission!
- As we look ahead to baby coming and then our home assignment, there are many ministries/responsibilities that we’ll be phasing out of for a period of time. Please pray for the right people to step up and serve in our stead while we are gone.
- Our home assignment is scheduled for July-October 2013. During this time we hope to reconnect with churches and individuals sharing what the Lord is doing in Taiwan, and as well to be refreshed through time together with family and friends. Travel expenses will be around $6,000, including both the baby and us. If you feel led to give a one-time gift towards this cause, we’d be very thankful! Our website details information on how to give.
Let’s praise the Lord together!
- During the last month, Erich finished a discipleship course with two Taiwanese men. Pray for Sheng-Zhong and Jason to keep growing in the Lord and begin discipling others themselves.
- Little boy Schindler is healthy and all is going well with the pregnancy-thank the Lord!
Thank you for your continued prayers, interest, and support on our behalf!
For the Glory of God,
Erich and Kelley Schindler
* We have attached two pictures to this email. The first one was taken on the Chinese New Year’s Eve at Pearl’s home. The second was at a dinner this week for the Internationals at Truth Church. *