May 4, 2011
Dear Faithful Friends and Supporters,
Greetings from Taipei! A couple weeks ago we celebrated a favorite day of ours at Truth Church – Easter Sunday. The significance of Easter Sunday is amazing for all believers, but there is something extra special about standing together and singing, “Because He lives I can face tomorrow, because He lives all fear is gone… life is worth the living just because He lives!” with Taiwanese believers, many of whom have come from a dark past of Buddhism, full of fear and superstitions, into a bright and free walk with Jesus. They do not sing the words lightly, and their genuine love and thanks to Jesus is contagious. What a testimony to the resurrection power of Jesus!
How can you being praying for us?
- Pre-Alpha activities will be underway in the following couple weeks. These will include small group interviews, trainings, outings, etc., all in preparation for the next season of Bilingual Alpha. Pray for unity among the co-workers and for many unbelievers to sign up!
- We have three more weeks left in this quarter of language classes, with only one more quarter left to go! Please pray for perseverance and understanding as we desire to use the Mandarin Chinese Language to spread the Kingdom of God in Taiwan.
- May 14th we’ll be having dinner together with our dear friend/co-worker, Cindy’s, father (Cindy visited the States with us in 2008). Her father is not a Christian and very rarely invites people to meet with him. Cindy has been praying for his salvation for a long time and we are touched that he has extended an invitation to eat together. Pray that God would guide our conversation and we could be a blessing to him!
Let’s praise the Lord together!
- We are both feeling much better after struggling with sicknesses the last couple weeks – praise God!
- Kelley loves the mornings she spends at the orphanage taking care of the babies and is thankful for the relationships she is building with the nurses there.
- Our cell group has grown from 5 to 12 people in the last month. Praise God for adding to our numbers!
We hope all of you know how greatly we appreciate your prayers, interest, and support! It’s all worth it Because He Lives!
For the Glory of God,
Erich and Kelley Schindler