April 7, 2011
Dear Faithful Friends and Supporters,
Greetings from Taipei! The weather is getting warmer each day, thus making us more aware that Taiwan’s roasting summer is right around the corner. We are thoroughly enjoying this semester of language study, which we are finding challenging and useful at the same time. Each day we read and study magazine and newspaper articles, which provide us with a much broader real-life vocabulary. Additionally, this past month we were a part of a team translating a book from Chinese into English for use at our church. What good practice for our language skills!
How can you being praying for us?
- Due to the fact that many Alpha co-workers are still involved with the Seekers from our last course, we, along with the Taiwanese leaders, have decided to postpone our spring season of Bilingual Alpha until the summer. This way follow-up with last season’s Seekers will not be cut short, and co-workers can have the needed time to pray and prepare.
- Erich has recently begun discipiling two young men, one a new believer and one struggling in his marriage and walk with Christ. Please pray for him to have wisdom and discernment as he meets with these men.
- Please pray for good health as our schedules can be quite busy, especially for Kelley, as she suffers a lot from headaches.
Let’s praise the Lord together!
- We are thankful for the recent partnership in ministry with Lake View Bible Church in Manheim, PA.
- We praise the Lord for opportunities to use our Chinese language in ministry– whether in church small groups, meeting new friends, or with our non-Christian teacher and classmates.
- We recently enjoyed a four-day getaway with friends and co-workers in the Eastern part of Taiwan. It was a wonderful time of refreshment and being together with other believers.
As always, we are so grateful for your prayers, interest, and support. What a mighty God we serve!
For the Glory of God,
Erich and Kelley Schindler