June 1, 2010
Dear faithful supporters,
Greetings from Taiwan! Last week we exchanged our busy lives in the bustling city for three days in the middle of nature. We had a week of break between classes, and used this opportunity to get away and recharge, both physically and spiritually. Perhaps the greatest part of those few days away was having uninterrupted time to share together what the Lord has been teaching us recently, as well as having extended times of prayer. Whether busy in the city, or relaxed in nature, one thing always stays the same- we serve a great God who wants to do even greater things than we can imagine! What a privilege to serve Him!
- Our new quarter of language school began yesterday. Due to a scheduling conflict, we were placed into a class that is four chapters ahead of where we ended last quarter. It may not sound like much, but that equals about 200 new Chinese characters that we need to self study in order to catch up to our class’s level. Please pray for wisdom and quick understanding!
- In three weeks we will welcome the first set of new teachers/co-workers that are arriving this summer (2 couples). Please pray for a smooth adjustment and insight into how they can best fit in ministry here.
- Please pray for our monthly support need of $400 to be met.
- Our Bilingual Alpha season had its final meeting last Friday night. Over the course we saw more than 100 Seekers come and hear about the Lord! Several are now going through a book entitled, “Begin Your New Life”, which goes deeper into basic Christian doctrine, and several groups are continuing to meet on their own.
- Praise the Lord for knowing our needs and always meeting them. The above mentioned ‘get-away’ was made possible through a dear friend’s generous giving. When we thought we wouldn’t be able to go away due to finances, the next day we received a card from a friend with the exact amount the trip was going to cost us, saying the Lord had told her to give this to us. What a kind and mighty God we serve!
It is a blessing to have a strong network of prayer warriors and supporters interceding on our behalf- thank you for partnering with us in His Kingdom work!
For the Glory of God,
Erich and Kelley Schindler