January 4, 2010
Dear faithful supporters,
Happy New Year 2010! As this is being written we are in beautiful Germany for a three week visit with Erich’s family. It’s been a couple years since we’ve all been together, so we are enjoying this special time! We fly home to Taipei on January 18th, and while we are having a good home assignment, we are both very excited to return to our church, language school, and friends.
- Our home assignment has kept us very busy, and while it has been good reconnecting with family, friends, and supporters, it has left us both very exhausted. Pray that our remaining time in Germany can be restful and refreshing, so we are ‘ready to go’ when we return to Taiwan.
- We are planning on applying to a different language school for our next season of Mandarin Chinese studies. Pray for us to get accepted if that is where God would have us, and for perseverance in studying as this school will be more intensive.
- Please pray for our monthly support need of $500 to be met.
- We were able to meet with many family members, friends and supporters in 4 states during our home assignment. We had opportunities to speak about ministry in Taiwan over 11 times to various groups. Praise the Lord for all the connections He gave us!
- One of those connections was meeting with 3 students of our Alma Mater, Columbia International University, who are planning on moving to Taiwan this year. Please pray that they will join our 3E Ministry if that is the Lord’s will.
- Praise the Lord for safety in travels as we have flown 10 times since leaving Taiwan, and have driven many miles.
As always, thank you for all your prayers, love, and support you give to us.
We anticipate seeing the Lord do great things in 2010, and look forward to continuing our partnership with you as we serve the Lord in Taiwan together.
For the Glory of God,
Erich and Kelley Schindler