November 4, 2009
Dear faithful supporters,
Greetings from Taipei!! Where has the time gone? November is here, and soon 2009 will be over. The past weeks has been full, to say the least. During October we learned another 200 Chinese characters (approximately 50 new each week), so totally we can read, speak, and write approximately 1700 Chinese characters. Our 3E Alpha course at church continues to go well, and each week around 15-20 Taiwanese non-believers hear truths from God’s Word and are given time to discuss the topics in small groups.
- We leave in six days to begin our two month home assignment. Please pray for strength and energy to complete everything we need to before we leave- every day is very full with class, meetings, appointments, and packing!! Also, our dear Taiwanese friend, Beatrice, has been planning to come with us to the States, but has not been granted a visa yet. PRAY that she can get one in time, as she has already purchased her ticket!
- This weekend we will attend our 3E Alpha course retreat. This is characteristically the most important time in the attendees’ lives during the entire Alpha course. Pray for us co-workers to have wisdom, and that the Lord would do a great work in many lives!
- Many friends and people we are close to are going through difficult struggles recently. Please pray for us as we try to encourage and help them.
- We are so thankful for the community we have here in Taipei. The Lord has given us brothers and sisters to encourage us, pray with us, and walk through life with us. This is an invaluable gift from God, for which we are so thankful.
- We are thankful to have a strong network of supporters who pray for and encourage us. Thank you!
Here is a brief outline of where we will be during our home assignment:
November 10: Fly from Taipei to Columbia, SC.
November 10-14: Columbia, SC- Visiting supporters, friends, and our Alma Mater
November 14-30: Wheaton, IL/Milwaukee, WI- Visiting Erich’s extended family, as well as supporting churches
December 1- 28: Pennsylvania- Visiting Kelley’s family, our home church, friends and supporters
December 28-January 18: Germany- Visiting Erich’s family and friends
Many thanks and blessings! See you soon J
For the Glory of God,
Erich and Kelley Schindler