September 9, 2009
Dear faithful supporters,
Greetings from Taipei! Is anyone else wondering where the summer went to? It seems like it was just June and now we are well into September! The month of August was full of endings and new beginnings. We concluded level 4 of our Chinese studies, as well as ended the 10 week Alpha course at church. We began preparing for the next season of 3E which will begin on September 19 and entered into level 5 at school, with a new teacher and new classmates. It’s been a busy and challenging month, but the Lord’s faithfulness keeps us going!
- As many of you know, Taiwan was hit hard by Typhoon Morakot on August 8th and 9th. The southern part of the island was majorly affected and much damaged was caused. Please continue to pray for those affected, and for the Church to grow stronger in southern Taiwan through the testimony of Christian relief workers.
- Alicia, an American girl, is living with us during her 3 month stay in Taiwan. Please pray for her Chinese studies and that God will clearly show her if Taiwan is where she is to serve long-term.
- We are planning a home assignment (first in the States and then in Germany) from early November-mid January 2010. Out of the needed $5,000 to cover travel expenses, to date we have received $3,500- praise God! Please continue to pray for the remaining funds to come in.
- The last week of August we enjoyed a much needed vacation together. We went South (to a part not majorly affected by the typhoon) and enjoyed the sun and water for 5 days. Thank the Lord for times of relaxation and refreshment!
- We already have 10 Seekers registered for our upcoming 3E Classroom! Pray for more interested people to sign up.
We are so thankful for our faithful network of prayer warriors and supporters around the globe! May God bless each of you for your service and dedication to Him!
Keep checking our website: www.crossing7.com/reachtaiwan for pictures and other information!
For the Glory of God,
Erich and Kelley Schindler