Dear Friends and Supporters,
Greetings from Taipei! Thank you to everyone who wrote us in early July for our birthdays (yes, we share a birthday =). We had a fun day celebrating, and are thankful for a new year in which to serve the Lord together! Many exciting things have been happening over the last month. Our Sunday night house church group officially started, we had about 10 new non-Christians join in house church weekend gatherings over the last few weeks, and we have been working hard at developing solid discipleship material for new Christians. God is good all the time, and we are so grateful for the work He is doing!
Prayer and Praise:
Please pray for 3 of our friends:
- Maggie (English name): Maggie is a Taiwanese woman with whom Kelley has begun meeting. The first time they got together, Kelley was able to share about being a Christian, and our house church. She seems very open. Please pray for fruit to come from this relationship.
- Dr. Lin: Dr. Lin is a friend of a couple in our house church. He has recently encountered some major difficulties in his life, and is deeply struggling. He has fallen into great debt, his wife is on the verge of divorcing him, and he is suicidal. BUT, praise God, he is willing to meet with us and join a house church meeting. Please pray for him to follow through, and for us to be able to share the hope of Jesus with him.
- Our neighbor, Mrs. Lin: Over the last couple weeks we have been able to spend more time with Mrs. Lin, who also lives on the 9th floor of our apartment building. She is semi-retired and has a lot of free time. Pray for opportunities to share the love of Jesus with her.
- Kelley’s pregnancy is going very well and she is feeling so much better! Thanks for praying!
- July 28th we leave for a one-week vacation in Cambodia. Please pray for safety, protection, rest, and refreshment!
“Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.”
For the Glory of God,
Erich and Kelley Schindler
|Kelley and Max with some members of our house church family =)
|A very typical Taiwanese dessert, shaved ice! Our toppings this time: red bean / green bean combo, and peanut / sweet corn combo. A delicious way to cool off!|