Here are some of the goals we have set for 2014. Please join us in prayer for their fruition!
Our ministry goals for next year
- Putting down deep relational roots in our local neighborhood. This will involve an “Open House” two evenings a week, where we invite non-Christian Taiwanese friends over for a meal.
- Introduce a solid discipleship training method to disciple new Taiwanese working class believers. This method needs to be simple enough to be easily reproducible.
- Expand to 5 missional communities around Taipei city, each of which is geared to reproduce.
- Attain basic fluency in the Taiwanese language (the everyday language of working class people in Taiwan, distinct from Mandarin Chinese).
- Maintain close ties with Taipei Truth Church, and use our influence there to empower regular cell groups to become missional communities.
- Continue ongoing self-care through:
- A healthy lifestyle centered around regular exercise (2-3 times / week)
- Healthy eating habits
- Getting 8 hours of solid sleep each night
- Lifelong learning through Seminary lectures and books. See the Lifelong Learning section on our Missionary Values page for more information
Specific prayer requests for 2014
- For wisdom in balancing family time and ministry.
- For cultural sensitivity in communicating with our Taiwanese pastoral leadership.
- To be godly examples for Max as he grows up.
- For the Lord to open doors for adoption (from Taiwan or China).
- For our missional communities to give birth to a church-planting network that reproduces into every cultural layer of Taipei city, faithfully making disciples of Jesus.