December 3, 2010
Dear faithful supporters,
Greetings from Taipei! With only twenty-eight days of the 2010 year left, we find ourselves reflecting on the numerous joys, challenges, and blessings this year has brought us. If we were to choose one word to sum up our year it would be learning. Not only have we learned much more of the Mandarin Chinese language, we’ve learned more about leadership, balancing ministry and personal time, healthy conflict resolution, Taiwanese culture and way of thinking, and perhaps most importantly, we’ve grown in our understanding of the great love the Father has for us, and the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
How can you be praying for us?
- We have two weeks of our Bilingual Alpha Course left. Pray that the Seekers will be willing to continue meeting in small groups after the course is finished.
- The month of November brought some difficult times for several of our friends. Please pray for us to know how to encourage them, and for the Spirit of God to comfort them with His peace.
- On December 16th we are flying to the USA for a quick 3 ½ week trip. Erich’s grandparents have kindly paid our way so that we can be a part of their 60th wedding anniversary celebration. The entire Schindler family will be together, so we’re looking forward to catching up with family over the holidays. We’ll be in the Chicago/WI area from December 16th -28th, and then in PA from the 29th-10th of January. Please pray for safety in travel and minimal jet-lag as we want to make the most of our short time!
Let’s praise the Lord together!
- Last Friday evening Kelley was the key speaker at our Bilingual Alpha Course, talking on the question “Why and How should we share the Good News of Jesus with others?”. We were thrilled because our Chinese teacher (whom we’ve had for two semesters and have become good friends with) came along with her British husband. They were very open in the small group discussion time and enjoyed it very much. Praise God for the seeds that have been planted-may they grow for His glory!
- Praise that the conference we mentioned in last month’s email update was very beneficial and refreshing for all who attended. A group of about 30 trained teachers and counselors came from England to minister to the foreign community at Truth Church. It was wonderful to be encouraged and hear solid teaching- in English! A rare treat these days…. J
We wish you all a blessed Christmas season with family and friends. Thank God for His precious Son, Jesus, the reason we live!
For the Glory of God,
Erich and Kelley Schindler