November 5, 2010
Dear faithful supporters,
Greetings from Taipei! The weather here is finally beginning to cool off and with that we are reminded that the end of another year is just around the corner. The month of October passed us by in a whirl, but not without its share of joys, accomplishments, challenges, and blessings. Just today we were on the phone with a friend back in the States and she asked us, “Are you still enjoying living and serving in Taiwan?” And, without hesitation our answer was “Yes!”. Praise be to God for leading us to this island and for filling us with a love for its people.
How can you be praying for us?
- Time management and balance- We are finding our schedules getting increasingly busier and are being given more and more opportunities to serve in different ways. While this is exciting for us, we feel we must stay focused on our main task right now- learning the Chinese language the best that we can (which is a long process!) So, please pray we’d have focus and be faithful stewards of our time.
- Bilingual Alpha Course- Our Bilingual Alpha Course continues to go very well. We have old and new friends attend each week, and we see the Lord stirring in the hearts of many. Pray especially for our weekend retreat coming up November 21st and 22nd. Pray for many to attend and come to know Jesus.
- Upcoming conference- Next week, Thursday–Saturday, we’ll be participating in a conference at our church. A group of trained counselors/teachers are coming from England to minister to the English speaking community at Truth Church. Knowing that often missionaries/foreigners face spiritual burn-out living overseas, they are holding a conference that will focus on inner spiritual healing. We pray that this will be a refreshing time for not only us, but for many of our co-workers and friends as well.
Let’s praise the Lord together!
- Language learning milestone- We have moved out of textbooks and onto reading magazine articles and newspapers- in Chinese! This is a huge accomplishment for us, and we are so thankful for the strength the Lord daily gives us to study and understand this language. May we use it for His glory!
- Pearl- We mentioned in our last update that our former landlady, Pearl, came to the first week of Alpha. Well, we are thrilled to say she has come back every week and is really enjoying it. We’ve been praying years for her, and are so excited to see what God is doing/going to do in her life!
This past week at our English cell group we sang:
“My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!”
Thank the Lord for His Son, Jesus, and for the grace and forgiveness He daily extends.
For the Glory of God,
Erich and Kelley Schindler