This is a short video we took of the surprise party Kelley threw for Hope last Saturday evening, after 3E. As you can tell, there were lots of people at our house, and Hope was quite surprised 🙂
Hope is a good friend of ours who is leaving soon to study art in San Francisco. She will be there for 3 years, and will be dearly missed!
First of all, thank you for all your prayers regarding our Chinese achievement test that we took last Tuesday. We received our scores yesterday and are happy to report we both scored around 90%. The test had 4 different sections- listening comprehension, oral reading and speaking, writing, and grammar. Erich scored higher than Kelley in the listening and oral, but Kelley scored higher in the writing and grammar. So, we’re a good team as our strengths lie in different areas!
Thanks again for praying about this test- we’re glad we have another 3 months before we have to take another one!
May 7, 2009
Dear faithful supporters,
Greetings from beautiful and sunny Taipei! The days are progressively getting warmer which daily reminds us of the intense heat that a Taiwan summer brings. The month of April was full of learning, spending quality time with friends, hosting an Easter Day dinner with 25 friends from church, and reaching out to Seekers at our 3E Classroom. Each day we thank God for His care and provision for us.
- Next Tuesday, May 12th, we will have another achievement test for our Chinese studies. This is a very large test and will determine if we may proceed to the next level. Pray for good preparation and wisdom as we take the test.
- This coming Saturday we will jointly be speaking on the topic “God is our Provider” to our 3E Classroom Seekers. Pray for guidance and the right words to say.
- We continue to need monthly support. Please pray for our remaining need of $725/month.
- One of classmates, a girl from the Caribbean island of Nevis, came to church with us on Easter Sunday. Continue to pray we can be a good testimony to those we study with.
- During the month of April 4 Seekers from our 3E Classroom accepted Jesus into their life! Pray that they can be discipled and continue to grow in their new faith.
Please continue checking our website for more frequent updates and pictures. As always, thank you for your continued love, support, and prayers on our behalf. The Lord is doing a great work here in Taipei- how thankful we are that He allows us to take part in it!
For the Glory of God,
Erich and Kelley Schindler
First off, thanks to all of you who frequently check this blog! We really appreciate you taking the time to learn about our life and ministry here in Taipei, and to use this information to pray for us more effectively.
We have recently added a new email alert feature to our blog. When you enter your email address in the box on the left, you will receive an email alert whenever we post new updates or pictures to this blog. This way you will not miss any important information, and you can pray for us in real-time!
Here is the above message translated:
“Thank you everyone for looking at our blog. We thank God for people like you who pray for us. Everything here in Taiwan is going well. We thank God everyday for allowing us to live here. We hope you are all doing well, too!”