This past Saturday was the 3E Classroom Spring Season graduation. Each group had put together either a skit or song in English that they performed for everyone, and each group also had different people share testimonies of why they liked 3E Classroom. The day was full of laughs, good memories, and giving thanks to God for the work He did in so many lives during the past couple months.
We’ll continue to meet with our Seekers during the next 6 weeks, after which many of them will transition into our church’s ALPHA course.
We are full of joy and thanks for all the ways the Lord has blessed 3E Classroom. We are excited to see so many Taiwanese open up their hearts to Jesus, and look forward to what the Lord will do in the future!
Last night we invited Kelley’s 3E group and a bunch of other people over to our house for an American Easter dinner. Altogether about 25 people, we ate, sang, and played games together. Among the friends that came were two of our new friends from 3E who just recently gave their lives to Christ, and are on track to get baptized!
Praise God for what He is doing through this season’s 3E Fellowship. Out of the 40 new friends that are attending, over 10 have accepted Christ, and are being led through a pre-baptism class.
Please pray for the next two months of 3E, as we are transitioning into the church’s Alpha course. Pray that our new friends will continue coming, as the Chinese Alpha course has no English learning component like 3E Classroom has.
Quick Tip: To comment on either of these pictures or view them in full size, just click on one of the pictures. This will take you to the individual image’s page where you can comment. To view the picture in full size, just click on the link that says “Original”.
Check out this picture gallery with photos from our 3E Classroom Outing that took place on March 21-22. Enjoy![scrollGallery id=10 autoScroll=false]
March 30, 2009
Dear faithful supporters,
Greetings from Taipei! This week we will say goodbye to March and hello to April- how quickly time flies by! We are technically now in the rainy season, but this year has so far brought surprisingly little rain. I guess well just have to wait and see what the next few weeks bring! During the last month we enjoyed a 12 day visit with Kelleys mom, started level 3 of our Chinese studies which included getting a new teacher and classmates, continued being involved in both our Chinese and English cell groups, and most recently enjoyed a fun weekend at a camp with our 3E Seekers and co-workers. Our church is also in the midst of a 40 day prayer and fasting season leading up to Easter which we are partaking in. We are using this time to seek the Lord and pray for issues close to our hearts.
- 3E Classroom is going wonderfully this season. Our current group of Seekers are very energetic and eager to learn both English and about the Christian faith. Pray for their hearts to remain open.
- Our Chinese class this semester is more challenging than any previous class. Our teacher holds us to a higher standard and is much stricter in grading. Pray for clarity, understanding, and good time management as we seek to learn this difficult language!
- We continue to need monthly support. Please pray for our remaining need of $725/month.
- Our 3E Classroom outing was a great time of fun and deepening relationships among the Seekers and co-workers. Around 8 Seekers are currently being led through a study entitled Begin Your New Life, which is a basic introduction to the Christian faith. They havent made decisions to become Christians yet, but this is a great step towards seeing that happen!
- We are growing in our relationships with our classmates. Two girls we have known now for 4 months, as we were also classmates last semester. We thank the Lord for the chance to build a friendship with them and are planning to invite them to our churchs Easter celebration.
We have recently uploaded a bunch of pictures onto our ministry website, www.crossing7.com/reachtaiwan, so you can look at them and see what we have been up to lately. You are all a blessing to us!
For the Glory of God,
Erich and Kelley Schindler